Who are we?
Club Marketing Services Ltd. based in Belfast, specialise in the design, provision and management of tailor made member benefit and employee incentive programmes. Established in 2005, Club Marketing Services Ltd. produce two main programmes; Membership Plus for those organisations who wish to add value to their membership offering and Perks Directory for employers who wish to reward their staff. Club Marketing Services Ltd. manages programmes for some of the country’s leading organisations. We currently promote over 1,500 offers and discounts for big brand retailers, high street chains and local favourites across Northern Ireland, Ireland, Great Britain and Europe, exclusively to over 180,000 members.
Purpose and scope of this notice
For the purposes of this notice, Club Marketing Services Ltd. “CMS” “we”, “our” and “us.”
Application of this notice
IMPORTANT: Please note that this notice, while intended to be as complete and accurate as reasonable possible, is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your Personal Data or to this policy, we will make that clear to you by means such as email or a message on our website, so that you are able to review such changes before continuing to use our services.
When engaging with Club Marketing Services Ltd. we will collect Personal Data:
- From you: for example through the information you provide us in registering your card through our website, app, email, telephone or through your engagement with us at events. We may ask you to complete surveys which we would use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond. Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- From third party sources: software platforms we use for business processes which include member marketing, statistical analysis and member support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Data, only to provide these services to us.
What personal data do we process?
Club Marketing Services will collect and process Personal Data including, where applicable:
- Your name;
- Your contact details, including your address, email and contact number;
- Details of your visits to our events and any correspondence or communications with Club Marketing Services staff;
- Any information which is provided to us by you or on your behalf;
- Information about your visits to our website and app, such as domain and host from which you access the internet, cookies; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use; your operating system and the date and time you access the website;
- “Your Favourites” of listed offers and discounts;
- Your website and app activity including your areas of interest; and
- Information relating to your interest in any of our emails, ezines, promotions and competitions.
How and why do we process personal data?
Legal Basis: It is necessary to process your personal data to enter into and perform with you as a member of our programmes or client of.
Purposes: We obtain, collect and process your personal Data in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site and app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To provide you with information on our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, including member competitions
- To notify you of any changes to our service.
IMPORTANT: You are obliged to provide us with your Personal Data as it is necessary to enter into a contract with us or register as a member. In the event that you do not wish to provide us with your Personal Data for the above purposes, you will not be able to become a Club Marketing Services Ltd. client or Membership Plus/Perks Directory member, nor will you be able to avail of any of the listed offers or discounts.
Legal Basis: We may obtain, collect and process your Personal Data where we have a legitimate interest to do so part of your engagement with us as a member or CMS client.
Purposes: We obtain, collect and process your Personal Data:
- To increase membership numbers;
- To improve member engagement;
- To provide and process member, client and venue surveys;
- To process and communicate with you regarding your membership and renewal of;
- To process and communicate with you when you “unsubscribe” from our mailing list or when you end your membership.
- To provide you with information in relation to our offers and discounts, events and other communications from Club Marketing Services Ltd. deemed to be of probable interest (please note that you may opt-out of receiving such marketing information by clicking on “unsubscribe” on ezines or by contacting us directly.
- To process and respond to any enquiries, requests, venue queries and complaints you may submit to us via our website, app, e-mail or phone.
- To provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of the Membership Plus and Perks Directory website and app;
- To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic data and demographic patterns;
- To better our services through member and client venue suggestions and to survey members, clients and venues to gain an insight into the trends that shape our offers and services.
IMPORTANT: Before we process your Personal Data to pursue our legitimate interests for the above purposes, we determine if such processing is necessary and we carefully consider the impact of our processing activities on your fundamental rights and freedoms. On balance, we have determined that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and that the processing which we conduct does not adversely impact on these rights and freedoms.
Please note you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing.
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications (including but not limited to information regarding offers and discounts and general news from CMS, Membership Plus and perks Directory) by unsubscribing from ezines or by contacting our membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not currently communicate information by text but may do so in the future. If so, you will have a choice to opt out of future texts.
Who is your data shared with?
We may share data with trusted partners to help us perform affiliate marketing, statistical analysis, send you electronic (email) or postal mail, provide member support or arrange deliveries.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your Personal Data (personally identifiable information such as name, contact details or address) is not transferred to the third party.
We will not pass on any of your personal information to any third party, other than the organisation who issues your card, without your consent.
How long do we retain your data?
Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as you are a member of our services, venue or client of CMS and for a period thereafter. Once we have determined that we no longer need to hold your Personal Data, we will delete it from our systems.
Please note that in certain circumstances, we may hold your data for a longer period if for example, we believe in good faith that the law or relevant regulator may reasonably in our view expect or require us to preserve your Personal Data.
How do we secure your personal data?
We want to give you the confidence that your Personal Data is secure. CMS has a series of policies and procedures in place to ensure your Personal Data is safe.
We are committed to taking reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by having in place a range of appropriate technical and organisational measures.
What rights do you have?
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights such as;
- Right of Access: You have the right to ascertain what type of Personal Data CMS holds about you and to receive a copy of this Personal Data.
- Right to Complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Data that we hold on you.
- Right to Object: Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Data, you have a right to object to this use. We will desist from processing your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate interest in its continued processing.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to have any inaccurate Personal Data which we hold about you updated or corrected.
- Right to Restriction: You have the right to request that CMS stop using your Personal Data in certain circumstances, for example for marketing purposes, or if you believe that the Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate or that the use of your Personal Data is unlawful. If you choose to exercise this right, we will store your Personal Data and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved.
Our site and app, may from time to time contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these before submitting any of your Personal Data to such websites.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us: email@example.com. We will provide you with information on any action taken upon your request in relation to any of these rights without undue delay and at least within 1 month of receiving your request. We may extend this period up to 2 months if necessary however, we will inform you if this arises. Please note, we may ask you to verify your identity when you seek to exercise any of your data protection rights.
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) helpline, Telephone: 0303 123 1113, if you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice.
What responsibilities do you have?
We ask that you review your personal details including contact details, card number and favourites to ensure they are correct and up to date in “Your Account” on the member website and app. To notify us in writing or by phone if any of your personal details have changed as a client or listed venue, so that relevant communications can be sent to you.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your own password and online account and for any and all activities which may occur when logged into your account.
Please notify Club Marketing Services Ltd. immediately if you suspect unauthorised use of your account, access to your password or any other breach of security known to you.
Changes to this notice and questions
We may amend this notice on occasion, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective immediately. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your Personal Data or to this policy, we will make that clear to you by means such as email or a message on our website, so that you are able to review such changes before continuing to use our services.
Should you have any questions, comments or requests about the way your Personal Data is being used or processed, do not hesitate to get in touch either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Member Services, Club Marketing Services Ltd. The Pavilion, Stormont Estate, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 3TA.